Sunday, October 30, 2005

Someone gave me the bird

So I think I’m coming down with something...

I haven’t been to the doctor or anything, but on the basis of what I’ve seen on TV and read on the Internet, I’m pretty sure it’s bird flu.

I used to think that self-diagnosis was for fools and New Idea readers. But it seems like everyone is doing it, so it must be ok. Well, everyone at my office (the Temple of DoomTM) anyway:

Most hated of colleagues: “Well, the doctor couldn’t find anything wrong with me, but I looked on the Internet and I’m pretty sure I have got [whatever illness was on All Saints last night]”


Oh, really? Yeah, because those doctors - they know nothing...

Also:

Most hated of colleagues: “I’ve pretty much had all the tests they can run and unfortunately they couldn’t find anything wrong with me”


Unfortunately????

But yeah, basically I’m feeling a little fluey and I’m feeling a sense of over-reaction and panic coming on, so in the spirit of self-diagnosis, why don't I just assume that it must be bird flu.

As I said, I haven’t been to the doctor, but I’m pretty sure its been brought on by some highly contagious scaremongering. I should be right though, I’ve still got the ‘survival’ kit I put together for Y2K, the SARS virus and the inevitable terrorist-attacks-that-haven’t-happened-yet-but-sure-are-going-to-especially-if-we-don’t-get-those-new-laws-through...

1 comment:

InsubordinationFreak said...

Yeah, I know the type. They cough and think they have TB.