Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Mmmm.....shiney

I don't know why I'm doing this, as it will probably interest no one but me (the very essence of blogging, no?).

But, holy brake-horsepower batman! There are some schweet, tastey morsels amongst the 2007 models announced recently by the major motorcycle manufacturers.

Prepare to be bored everyone!

Let's get things rolling with this delight from Ducati:


The new flagship 1098 replaces the older, less than popular 999. This tricolore model will only be shipped in limited numbers. But who cares! I still get to look at unlimited photos of it. I haven't dribbled this much since I first saw Madonna's Hung Up video clip.

Also from Bologna, the Ducati that I would probably buy if I sold my car, my wife's scooter and one kidney, the Monster S4R:


The 2007 Testastretta Monster will feature an engine which a few years ago was winning World Superbike races. Mental. And all for less $$ than a Corolla.

But unfulfilled motorcycle lust reaches its zenith with the MV Agusta F4 CC. With this limited edition MV have managed to improve on what was already considered to be the most beautiful motorcycle ever built.



Not that I expect anyone is still reading at this stage, but Kawasaki have updated the Z1000, the big brother to my current bike, the Z750. The original Z1000 was such a shock to the eyeballs, so new and daring, that this update is a bit of a disappointment. I reckon the big K could have just retired this current family of Zs and let it become a big fat cult classic.


Also, the release of new model instantly reduces the resale value of my bike - so BOOO!

So there you go, one totally self-indulgent motorcycle post. Please feel free to think less of me.

But, it's my blog and I'll bore you if I want to.

5 comments:

JahTeh said...

Very shiney but where does the chauffeur sit and where's the drinks cabinet?

Anonymous said...

No bored here. Just spent 10 days riding on the back of an Enfield of India. It was the most fun I've had in, well, ever.

Sam said...

A woman interested in motorbikes? My god you ARE a lesbian!

comicstriphero said...

Shula - Are you serious?! Wow! On the back of an Enfield, you say? Is that even safe?!

Wait, I have some more questions - what model Enfield? Who was doing the riding? Was this something you did off your own back or did you go on an organised ride? I recall seeing Enfield rallies in India before. I'm off to check your blog in case all these answers are contained in a post or something.

But, once again, wow!!!

Sam - I do my best to keep the old stereotypes kicking along.

Anonymous said...

It would seem that I have the subject for my next post.

Stay tuned...