Wednesday, January 11, 2006

You put your left foot in...

A little while back, um, not so long ago, er... A long while back Pavlov’s Cat tagged me with a ‘weird habits’ meme.

Its not just laziness and apathy that have held me back on this one.

I’ve really been trying very hard (honest to goodness) to think of some, and I’ve even consulted with the LovelyWife, but I really can’t come up with any good ones. Or, at least, any that are suitable for a general audience ... erm, yeah.

There’s just not a lot that I think is weird about me (am I self-centred? Who cares!).

Here’s the best I could do:

1. I always have to put my left shoe on first.
2. I like to use talcum powder.

Wow. That was entertaining.

So what I’ve decided to do is compare myself to everyday standards of modern society and see if there is anything I can find that might seem weird in comparison. Lets see….

1. I like to wash my hands after I use the bathroom (as previously noted, no one else does, so I must be a weirdo)
2. I like to use my indicator and check my blind spot whilst driving
3. I also like to drive along with all my wheels in one lane, rather than spreading myself across as many lanes as I can
4. I can’t stop myself from cleaning any mess I might make in the office kitchen (so weird!)
5. I pay cash for small purchases rather than wasting mine and everyone else’s time with a credit card transaction for a packet of chewing gum and a mars bar.
6. If I am at the pub and I know someone else has been waiting longer than me at the bar, I’ll let them get served before me (off the planet!)

Clearly, I am a freak.

So I’m going to send this meme to Stack to see what she comes up with. Something related to boring boring books no doubt...

11 comments:

Georg Hibberd said...

Gee, thanks comicstriphero for your confidence in me posting something interesting and/or not related to books. Get stuffed the pair of yas! I'll get working on my 'weird books wot i like' post immediately.

comicstriphero said...

My absolute pleasure Georg. Enjoy.

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

You're right, these are all completely barking. I would add 'dropping back to allow people who want to change lanes to move over in front of one', 'waving acknowledgement of some other driver's courtesy', 'helping someone up if they fall over in public' and, also in public, 'not beating the crap out of one's kid while screaming obscenities at him/her', 'not parking one's disgusting used chewy on the underside of some public seat or table' and 'taking the time to equip oneself with cash smaller than $50 notes before going out to dinner in a group'.

Unbridled weirdness, as you say.

Re post-loo hand-washing, did you ever read that thing about bowls of freebie crown-mints on cafe counters and such being analysed and found to be awash in human urine? Haven't eaten a freebie crown-mint since.

comicstriphero said...

Oh my god! Get away from me, you complete weirdo!

This one is gold:
taking the time to equip oneself with cash smaller than $50 notes before going out to dinner in a group

Its the funmostest part of the night when the bill comes and everyone just whips out a $50, whacks it on the table and says "I'm going out for a smoke, but I'll need change".

Time for a crown-mint.

Enny said...

I once helped a blind man find a two dollar coin he dropped in the grass. I was driving past Erindale Maccas and saw this poor old guy on his knees scrapin thru the weeds with big thick glasses and a stick and turned around to help him out.

I could not BELIEVE the buzz I got from that!

But it could also be considered 'weird' coz I've met a few ppl who even if they saw that while driving and even if they stopped, woulda taken the 2 bucks and tiptoed away.

Bloody Kambah-ites ;o)

InsubordinationFreak said...

I suppose you never go into the '10 items or less' aisle with 20 items either.

'Fess time

1. I like to wash my hands after I use the bathroom (as previously noted, no one else does, so I must be a weirdo)


OK, I wash and for a long time too. Who wants urine on their hands?



2. I like to use my indicator and check my blind spot whilst driving

Me too. I only got my licence last year so had 50 trained lessons. Also, I have some interest in staying alive (most of the time).


3. I also like to drive along with all my wheels in one lane, rather than spreading myself across as many lanes as I can.

Federal MP - Jackie Kelly - Guilty.

4. I can’t stop myself from cleaning any mess I might make in the office kitchen (so weird!)

I'm filthy at home but do rinse my mug after use.


5. I pay cash for small purchases rather than wasting mine and everyone else’s time with a credit card transaction for a packet of chewing gum and a mars bar.

What's cash?

6. If I am at the pub and I know someone else has been waiting longer than me at the bar, I’ll let them get served before me (off the planet!)

Will you marry me?

tonch said...

What kind of 9 fingered banjo-playing mutation are you?!!?

Oh gosh those small purchase credit people are the pits. If they ever get the chequebook out... my heart sinks lower than the already low low prices of Woolworths. I like to pay cash for even the big things. Cash is so pretty... so colourful and fun.

Otherwise as soon as three-way marriages are allowed (fingers crossed for 2055).. i'm marrying you too :D

comicstriphero said...

All these marriage proposals!

Don't you people know how expensive weddings are?!!?

I do.

And so does my credit card (which I like, only used once, to pay for the whole thing....).

Anyway, the lovely wife is threatening to track you all down and gives you a pounding (like Latisha on Bromwell High).

Something to look forward to!

TLA said...

w00t!

I have to put my left shoe on first, too! Usually left sock, left shoe, right sock, right shoe, in that order.

Crazy, huh?

*sigh*

Is it Friday yet?

Anonymous said...

I keep losing my sox.

In this company, that is deranged.

comicstriphero said...

TLA - if you wait until tomorrow, then yes, it will be Friday.

Anonymous - your 'sox'? What are 'sox'?