Here I am, back at work. Or, more accurately, my place of employment (no a lot of 'work' going on around here right now).
Here I am, instantly procrastinating by compiling two lists related to my first day back...
Not so hot…
1. That really depressing feeling you get when you realise that it feels like you never left, nothing has changed, and it is a long time until your leave entitlements start to accrue again.
2. All the empty desks around the place – if my holidays have ended then everyone else’s should have as well, dammit.
3. Discovering that all the pesky, fiddly, annoying little jobs that I’d left unfinished before my leave haven’t magically resolved themselves whilst I was away, despite all my wishin’ and hopin’.
4. Opening up my email to find 15 bulk emails from friends/relatives/acquaintances telling me how wonderful Christmas is in Salzburg, New York, Basra, etc… Shut up already.
5. Opening up my email to find a so-called friend had thoughtfully emailed me a picture of Lee Harding with the sole intention of pissing me off on my first day back. Thanks a lot. Now, where’s my enemies list...
6. Once again sharing a bathroom with strangers and the various unhealthy odours that are associated with this pleasure. And when did washing your hands become optional, anyway? Filthy, filthy people.
7. Watching my tan fade.
Slightly on the plus side (a very short list, this one)
1. Really bitchin’ fast (and apparently unmonitored) internet access.
2. The motivation to blog that only being at work can provide.
Back at work? Got something add? Let us all know how many food items you left rotting in the work fridge over Christmas...